Little Makos Swim School hires out their pool facility for family and community events such as Birthday Parties.
Booking Times and Details:
These bookings are outside of our existing Learn to Swim bookings and the facility can be available at the below times :
- Weekdays after 6.30pm
- Saturdays from 3pm onwards
- Sundays from 4pm onwards
Our bookings are for 2 hours and include the following for your event:
* A lifeguard to supervise your event (However in our terms and conditions of hire we do expect additional adults to actively supervise the party as well).
* Exclusive use of the facility for your alloted pool hire time.
* A Tressle table for your food
* Some Play Equipment
To hire the pool for a 2 hour event booking is $300.00.
However, for those are a current swimmer with Little Makos Swim School we offer you a discounted rate of $150.00 total for the Pool Hire booking fee as recognition for supporting our facility and is a benefit of being a member with us.
Terms and Conditions for Hirage of the facility:
- For set up of the party you can have access to the facility 30 minutes prior to the booking. On a Saturday we have lessons in the pool until 3pm so you will not be able to have access to the pool tank itself until the booking start time. On a Sunday we have the community swim from 1-4pm so there will be people in the pool until 4pm but you can have access to the pool tank from whenever you arrive at the facility.
- No food or drink can go into the pool tank itself as this shuts our filters down and in turn shuts down our heater for the pool.
- You must take all rubbish and food waste away with you at the end of the party. As you can imagine the pool enviorment is very hot and as we don't have rubbish disposal facilities during the weekend it would create a smell for lessons the following day.
You are responsible for the cleanliness of the facility after the party has concluded and we expect your group to leave the facility clean and tidy. Failure to leave the facility in the way that we expect will result in a $150.00 cleaning fee that we will need to use to get a weekend call out from industrial cleaners to make sure that the pool is up to standard for lessons the next morning. This will be strictly enforced.
- Although we have a lifeguard available at the party to supervise the overall function, there is an expectation that you have other adults actively supervising the pool while the children are swimming. As per Health & Safety regulations, we have a 1 adult:6 children ratio at the pool. The total capacity of the pool parties will be capped at 20 children - If your party is this big for e.g you will need another 3 adults actively supervising the pool in additional to the lifeguard especially if the children are under 8 years of age. Please if your party is this big please let us know so that we can plan for this.
- We are a non-smoking and non-alcohol facility which is strictly enforced. For those that do need to smoke who are attending the parties they will need to smoke on either Stanley or Britomart Streets outside of the school grounds as per their policy.
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy at the pool - If you cancel the booking within 48 hours before the booking (unless in exceptional circumstances) you will still be liable for the hirage fee.
How to Book:
To book please email Columbia our Event Bookings manager at email@example.com - She has office hours on Mondays and Wednesdays.
To avoid disappointment we usually are booked approximately a month out in peak seasons and about 6 weeks in winter so please do allow plenty of time for booking the facility. (Sometimes we do have spare bookings but we do fill up quickly)
The booking is only confirmed once you have received a confirmation email from us and payment has been received.
Please make sure that your booking is confirmed prior to sending your invitations.